The second annual Science meets Business will take place on 24 October in Melbourne, with a range of outstanding speakers representing politics, industry and research.
The Minister for Industry, Innovation and Science, Greg Hunt, Shadow Minister for Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, Senator Kim Carr, Vice-President and Lab Director for IBM Research, Dr Joanna Batstone, and CEO of ANSTO, Dr Adi Paterson are just a few of the speakers who will join us for this forward-looking and engaging day of information, brainstorming and networking. Click on the link above to learn more.
Science and Technology Australia’s (STA) next Science in Business forum will be held in Melbourne in October 2016.
The aim of the Science meets Business event is to bring together business leaders and scientists to foster STEM industry collaboration, to broker better mutual understanding between science and business and to promote opportunities for innovation.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Professor Ian Chubb AC, former Chief Scientist for Australia
- Professor Aidan Byrne, CEO, Australian Research Council
- Professor Anne Kelso AO, CEO, National Health and Medical Research Council
- Dr Jackie Fairley, CEO, Starpharma, and Commonwealth Science Council member
- Dr Hugh Bradlow, Chief Scientist, Telstra
- Professor Jane den Hollander, Vice-Chancellor, Deakin University
- Dr Katherine Woodthorpe, Chair, Antarctic Climate and Ecosystems Cooperative Research Centre, and company director
- Dr Bronwyn Evans, Chair, Industry Growth Centre for Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Professor Beth Webster, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Research Policy and Impact) and Director, Centre for Transformative Innovation, Swinburne University of Technology
- Ms Elizabeth Lewis-Gray, Chair, Industry Growth Centre for Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
More information will be available on the Science and Technology Australia website in coming weeks.